||5 - 6 Nos
|Freshly ground pepper powder
||1 - 2 Tbsp
||(1 day old bread, 2/3 slices cut into cubes
and fried in oil)
1) Heat butter in a pressure cooker.
2) Add onions, carrots, potatoes, cloves,
cinnamon and peppercorns.
3) Cook, till onions become pale and
4) Add washed whole tomatoes.
5) Add around 7 cups of water and pressure cook,
until 2 whistles.
6) Strain the water from the tomatoes into a
vessel and after mashing the tomatoes, strain it again.
7) Grind the tomatoes in the mixer and strain
8) Discard the seeds and the pith left after
9) Heat the soup. Stir occasionally, so that it
does not get stuck to the bottom of the pan.
10) Add the corn flour which has been dissolved
in 1/2 cup water to the soup, so as to thicken it.
11) Add salt, freshly ground pepper powder and
sugar and cook for 5-6 minutes.
12) Garnish with bread croutons and chopped
13) Put 1 tsp of cream into each bowl before
:- Serve hot.